Recent Posts

26 January 2010

Member Profile: Gretas Pretty Things



You can find her online:
How she became interested in burlesque:
I've always been interested in retro and vintage things, especially old movies. When I first saw a picture of Dita Von Teese, I was fascinated - who was this fabulous woman who dressed out of another era? That is how I discovered burlesque.

I was sort of a burlesque "lurker" for a while, doing research and learning about different performers, until I saw an audition posted for a burlesque show locally down here in Richmond, VA. I went to the audition, and the woman running it - Runaround Sue - liked my stuff, and decided to work with a newbie to prep for the show. I've performed in 3 shows since March, and have another lined up for this weekend!

I have my own little gimmick, of course. I'm a tap dancer, so I incorporate that into a lot of my numbers. But with my interest in costume design, I take great pleasure in designing my pasties, costumes, and accessories as well.

How she plans to participate in Etsy's Burlesque Beauties:
I just want to help spread the love and beauty that is burlesque! I love the sound of the monthly theme... I need something like that to keep my creative juices flowing. Mostly, though, I'm fairly new to Etsy, and hope to use this team as continuous inspiration to keep creativity in my shop, even if I'm having a hard time making a sale.

What she sells on Etsy:
Hair flowers on combs, pasties, some jewelry, and fascinators coming soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment