Recent Posts

05 July 2010

Member Profile: Swinginmartinis

Shop: swinginmartinis

You can find her online:

How she became interested in burlesque:
I used to perform and choreograph for an annual holiday burlesque show at the Chico Cabaret in Chico, California. I moved to Idaho and have found several other burlesque groups, but have yet to find the right fit. I miss it a lot. I am still a creative contributor to the Burlesque show in Chico. I have never had the perfect body, and burlesque encourages women of all shapes and sizes and backgrounds and I love the art of tease, instead of just sleaze, and I worked very hard to instill that in all the performers in Chico.

How she plans to participate in Etsy's Burlesque Beauties:
I would love to promote people's work to the Chico Cabaret, perhaps they could get costume pieces from team members...I am also interested in developing my skills to be able to make more than just hair accessories...I have made several costumes, but would love to do more! I would also like to be able to make lingerie, bathing suits, corsets, and hats for retro, vintage, burlesque, awesome people!

What she sells on Etsy:
Right now I have mainly purses, hair flowers, and necklaces. I make all sorts of domestic diva kinds of stuff - kitschy kitchen, etc that I would like to get up there. I even sculpt really funny pin up leg pen holders that I'd like to get out in the world.

0 comments:

Post a Comment